Monday, March 3, 2008

Karma

I knew that it was just too good that Ranger Man and I were able to spend so many of the 'major' holidays together, and that really it all worked out so smoothly... Now I'm kind of terrified that all of that is going to come crashing down with a vengeance.

My Spring Break is in 2.5 weeks- that's not very long! And we have absolutely NO IDEA where he's going to be. I really, really, really don't want to have to stay here, and there's no way I'm going 'home' (ha!). ugh.

I'm still holding out that maybe they won't make him go to Georgia after all... but I know that's like 95% going to happen. So I'm hoping for the five percent. In the meantime, I'd really like to know where he's going to be in two and a half weeks. I am a plan, goal, organizational type of person. I don't always need to follow that plan, but I at the very least need to have one in order to not go completely batty. Normally, there's enough leeway that it's not that big of a deal, in fact, it I was back waiting for him at 'home' it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal that he "might be" getting orders by friday... But the fact that I so desperately need to get off of this Island and just have someone give me a hug? I just don't feel like that's real until I've got the plane tickets, and I don't think they let you get plane tickets until you know where you want to go. grr, I knew Karma was going to catch up with us.

I just keep telling myself, it could be worse, it could be worse (deployment, for one). That really, I know I'll most likely be going somewhere, I just don't know where yet- but oh. my. gosh. Really, knowing would be good.

No comments: