Saturday, March 8, 2008

Green Yarn is Good.


Paca-Peds Green Gator
Originally uploaded by kate_jolene
Okay, I love green. My room at my parents' (dad's now I guess) house has green walls, my favorite sheets have green and pink stripes... I am totally a green fan. I should be, my first apartment was a 1970s nightmare, complete with shag grass green carpet (literally, there were spring days when my carpet EXACTLY matched the grass outside), and green countertops and green linoleum floors in the kitchen and bathroom, it was ghastly. And actually, that was when my love of green kind of started, maybe it's some sort of compensation thing, where I was surrounded by awful green for so long, that now I really want nice greens.

At any rate, the problem is this: I can't actually wear green clothes. I have blue eyes, and greens near my eyes make them turn funny colors, so I am kind of stuck wearing blues etc. But I love greens. So I figure... why can't I use green yarn and make socks? That's no where near my eyes, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Enter The Loopy Ewe. yay. This is from the Alpaca Yarn Company, it is a skein of Paca-Peds and is in the Green Gator Colorway. I am very, very excited.

I may not make the socks for me, they may be for someone else, I haven't decided that yet. For now I have some beautiful yarn.

btw- thank you to Joan for the green post idea.

**Can you tell that I'm procrastinating from doing school work... bleh! Perhaps later this weekend I'll actually put something a little more substantial here, but for now, my green yarn is providing happiness for me, and lately I will take happiness where I can get it. I may blog later about Ranger Man's experience with yarn lately (which solidified his status as the best boyfriend ever), but I really have to do a lot of reading about Algeria first.**

No comments: