Sunday, October 11, 2009

Whirlwind and some knitting

Hm... Briefly, what's been going on that's kept me from blogging:

1. Writing. I have three chapters finished, two more to write. Neither of the two that are left are straightforward. I've received ZERO feedback from my advisers, so I feel like I"m flying blind as to whether I'm even going in the right direction.

2. I'm applying to PhD programs for next fall. It's a huge step, it means moving again and I'm trying to figure out when the best time to move is (get the heck out of Georgia now and enjoy an actual winter and attempt to establish residency, or keep my job and save some money and wait to move?). This also stresses me out because of that lingering self-confidence problem... "what if I don't get in?" I should be covered, I have a back up program that I'm applying to that I should be overqualified for, but in this economy, who knows who will be going back to school next fall!

4. Last but most stressful: My mom is going to be here today. Yes, in all her infinite wisdom, my crazy mother is going to be in Georgia to visit her daughter who moved across the country for LESS THAN 24 HOURS. and then she'll go back to her "real" reason for the trip- visiting her late father's last wife in Florida. (who, bitter, me? no...). I've been ill the past two days and I know that there's nothing wrong with me- it's just my nervous system completely overloaded and wanting to explode. Plus, she just called to say that her flight is delayed. So who knows when she's going to get here? Her return flight is early tomorrow morning, so if she doesn't get here until this evening... ugh.

Oh, and I've been knitting: I took advantage of laundry day and a completely white unmade bed to take some pictures:

IMG_0120

Angee Socks by Cookie A. Knit out of Koigu KPPPM (I think it's the one with 3 Ps? It's fantastic yarn)

IMG_0129

Plain Vanilla Socks out of Hazel Knits Artisan Sock Chuckanut Drive Colorway. I get a kick out of the way these striped!

Oh yes- one more thing- Ranger Man's "Don't shave" orders came through, so we're officially preparing for his deployment, which means even crazier than usual training schedules. He copes by baking though, so we have a chocolate cream pie and a pecan pie to eat this weekend, which is not too bad! I like pie!

No comments: