Thursday, May 15, 2008

I forgot about ignorance.

I spent a whole day at work today. A whole day.

Normally I only work 3-4 hours per day. When I was taking 4 graduate classes this was good. Now that it is summer this is not so good, and my wallet would like me to work all day, but if I work more than 19 hours a week they have to pay for benefits for me and nobody wants that either. But today, one girl was sick, and we're getting close enough to the time that I leave and my big project isn't quite done, they asked me to stay the whole day.

I had forgotten what it was like to be around civilians discussing politics. Discussing war politics. Good grief. My degree is in this stuff, my boyfriend lives this stuff... I forgot what ignorance was like. Yes, there is a reason we are still in Iraq. No, we did not go into Iraq because of AQ, AQ went into Iraq because of us. Large difference. We screwed the Iraqis over and for that matter the larger Islamic world... and now it's up to us to fix the mess that we started. period. No, I don't like it. I would like to move across the country to live with my boyfriend to actually see my boyfriend- but that's not possible right now. Some people have to man up and do the dirty work and he's one of them. And PLEASE do not tell me what a mistake it is to send him over there. That actually doesn't make me feel better. Geez.

But, I made twice as much money today as I usually make, so... it wasn't all that bad.

No comments: