Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Visitor!

My Grandma came to visit me! I am so happy that she's here- sure that I'm going to go a little nuts spending a week with a more-than-half-deaf 82 year old- but really happy. I'm not precisely sure how I'm going to manage my work schedule, although I already know she's spending all day here alone, in my apartment, today. Eek! But she mentioned baking cookies or something, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Insofar as this visit doesn't coincide with either of my Spring Breaks and so therefore I'm still crazy busy/stressed out during it, the timing isnt great. But I'm also in the longest radio-silence we've had yet from Ranger Man (which, thankfully, still isn't that long), but I'm sure if she wasn't here I'd be doing something silly like worrying about it. Instead, I have to come up with ways to entertain her. It's a win-win.

And the best part? One of the first things she did last night was ask me to knit her a pair of socks! Coming from a knitter, that's quite a compliment. So we went diving into the stash and she picked a skein of yarn for a pair of socks to wear with her clogs.

And now? I'm off to work and to brainstorm things to do with my (very energetic) Grandmother!

Have a great weekend, y'all!

2 comments:

loqi said...

Your grandma wears clogs? Love it! And that is definitely a compliment that she requested some knitting from you.

I'm sure she'll be fine while you're at school. How nice for you to have someone around in the evenings, especially since Ranger Man is incommunicado right. Yay! :)

Holly S. said...

You might want to take her to the Columbus Museum. There's a cool display about the history of Columbus - "Legends of the Chattahoochee". There's a part you walk through, and there's also a movie they show. Call ahead and see what times the movie is shown. The museum is free and pretty cool.