Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Break!

Spring break from school is all right- I mean it's nice and all, but I always had to work through them, so they were never anything special.

Spring Break from work, on the other hand, is the best invention ever! I wasn't supposed to have the week off, I was supposed to be the only one on campus for the break. Then early last week, my boss told me that I got to have the week off too- yay!

So, I have the entire week off. What's a girl to do in a not-home state without man or family?

Why, I'm going to be a real historian, of course! I am going to spend next week sifting through the archives at the Jimmy Carter Presidential Library, and I am so excited! I have a research paper to write for my current class (my last one for this program!), and hopefully I'll find some amazing documents for my thesis too.

I'll admit, I am more than a little afraid of archivists, and of course you can't go to the archives to get good informtion without the help of archivists. Hopefully they'll be nicer than what people say they are.

And in other news, my mother is once again going to be in the Southern region next weekend, but will NOT be visiting me. Of course not- silly me, why would my own mother want to spend time with me? geesh.

For now, I've got a movie, a glass of wine and a snuggly kitty. Life is not too bad.

No comments: