Saturday, November 28, 2009

Interesting week

It's been an interesting week.

I finished my first draft (hooray!), so for the first time in the last two years, I had no schoolwork to do. That was a completely weird feeling.

I decided that either the college students in this college town are getting younger, or I'm getting older. They used to look so old, and now they look like babies. I think it must be that they are getting younger. Also, I had very much forgotten what men look like with longer hair than me.

Obviously, I determined that it's not a great idea to stay in this house for an extended period of time while waiting for admissions decisions. I'll be finding a new apartment here in my hometown after I arrive- one with a bathroom that's been cleaned in the last 2.5 years.

I had a very awkward lunch with my mom today, but on the other hand I seem to have gotten closer to my dad. We went for a walk/hike on Friday morning and afterwards he showed me where he's working, and the project he's been working on. He's never done that before. Of course, usually he's working inside an oil refinery, so he can't really bring his kids to show and tell, but it was still kind of interesting to see his project. I think that retaining this closeness is directly dependent on the aforementioned idea that I can't stay in this house for long...

This whole week, Ranger Man's been telling me how much he loves me and how much he misses me. Umm... what am I supposed to say to that? I know that much of his act on Sunday was, as Cookie mentioned in the comments, trying to make things easier on me. But really? Our relationship has an expiration date and it is rapidly approaching.

I missed this town. Young college students aside, I missed the eccentricities and the focus of this town. I'm glad to be returning to a place with similar values to mine.

I will spend the day tomorrow with my Grandma, and then it's back to the airport and on to Georgia. Monday will be a really long day.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!

3 comments:

loqi said...

What is with college students looking so damn young?? I feel that way every time I go back to Penn State to visit.

It was almost a relief for my dad and I to relate to one another about work stuff -- we hadn't had anything to talk about in years. Glad you had some QT with your dad. :)

Sorry stuff with Ranger Man is still just as awkward, but I'm glad you're looking forward to your change in scenery. GA is definitely a whole different universe...

Cookie said...

I hope it was a good visit and that you've got an idea of where you'll be moving to by now. I'm glad that you're getting closer to your dad. I can see why you don't usually get to see where he works. *L*

Men can be so weird.

I hope you're having a good week, sweetie.

xo

Kitty said...

Thanks for entering my little giveaway! I've added you to my reader! Take care!