Friday, January 29, 2010

Second job!

I finally got a second job! You are looking at (well, reading) a brand new LYS employee! It's either going to be a really good thing, or a really bad thing.

What I think is the most exciting part is that I get to design and teach knitting classes! There are currently NO (surprisingly) classes being taught at this shop at all, so I can literally start from scratch. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips for knitting classes?

It was totally awesome to go to a job interview and get to show off my FOs!

This weekend, after draft one is completed and mailed, I will be winding and swatching in preparation for February. I've even unpacked enough to know where my ball winder and swift are!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations on the new job! To work in a LYS must be such a dream job! Well, I could see certain risks too, I would probably manage to go home every night with a new purchase... Good luck anyway, and so exciting with new classes!

/ Jenny

Cookie said...

Congratulations!

Just be careful not to spend your whole paycheck on yarn. ;^)

Kitty said...

Working at an LYS is a dangerous thing- I know from experience. Just keep your eye out for sneaky skeins asking to be taken home- learn how to say no! I have a sweet little stash to remind me of my old job.

Stay strong!