Sunday, April 13, 2008

Making Lemonade.

Okay! I am determined to have a positive outlook today!

So, I find out yesterday... not only do we not get BAH, but also it would be detrimental to Ranger Man's career if we were to get married soon. That was not news I wanted to hear. But, I think that we have worked this all out and everything is going to be good.

Ranger Man spent this weekend looking at apartments (which I totally love, because now that he has a barracks room he could've blown off the apartment hunting, but he didn't). He thinks he's found a place he likes. yay! It won't be available until July.

BUT- (and I know you were expecting whining about having to stay here longer- gotcha!) this could be okay. My lease here isn't up until August anyways, so leaving in May didn't make much sense. Now, since I've done the legwork and it doesn't look like I'll be doing much besides one online class this summer, I may actually get to enjoy my tropical Island and get that wicked tan that I haven't had a chance to work on.

About the not being married thing... well, I wasn't too pleased about that. But, I also have no intention of sabotaging Ranger Man's career. So, while it looks like I'm moving to Georgia to spend most of the time alone while he's either deployed or away at Super Secret Army Land training, we have come up with a compromise. We're going to try it for a year. We don't exactly know how long the deployment cycles and training cycles are, so it may not be as bad as it could be. And, at the end of the year if it's too much apart, then we'll re-evaluate and make US a priority instead of the career. He's pleased with that because at that point he'll have gotten some of the coveted training he won't get if he is married, and I at least have something to look forward to in the future if it's too much alone time. So we'll see. And, more time by myself means more knitting time and more time to finish my thesis. ick.

See, lemonade. I'm pleased with myself.

No comments: