Friday, June 13, 2008

Embrace the Suck.

Of all the sucky times for a surprise deployment...

Okay. Seriously. This is what I keep trying to convince myself. There is no such thing as a "good time" for a surprise deployment. Yes, this time sucks because I don't have a place to live, but next time is going to suck for some other reason. Yes this time sucks because I don't get to see him to talk about things like the fact that I don't have a place to live, but next time is going to suck for some other reason.

Okay, so I at least kind of believe that. Why doesn't it make me feel better?

Ugh, I just edited a serious whine out. For about an hour there was whinage here, then I took it out. I am working on that whole "choose your attitude" thing. I don't know how successful I'm being, but I'm working on it.

So, I'm thankful that I found The Perfect Job Ever and send in a CV for it a week and a half ago, and that I heard from the organization today. Okay, so it wasn't anything earth shattering- they couldn't open my attachment, so they asked me to resend it- but it was still something, and obviously they were interested enough in my cover letter that they wanted to see my CV. So.. I am thankful for that. And I am thankful that Ranger Man isn't Downrange yet. Well, most of the time (the sooner he leaves, the sooner he can come back!). And I am thankful that, no matter what, I get to see Webster in just a few weeks! There, that wasn't too bad for choosing my attitude, was it? I can embrace the suck! hooah. (Ranger Man would KILL me if he knew I said that on the internet... hehehe)

No comments: