Thursday, December 6, 2007

Nametape.

I borrowed a book from Ranger Man (sidenote, how cool is it that he just happened to have a book lying around that I needed for one of my papers?!), so he sent it to me through the mail. Inside the pages of the book he placed one of his nametapes.

I'm not sure why that is the most precious thing that anyone has ever given me, I think it has something to do with the simplicity of the gesture and the knowledge that he did it with suc love, knowing that such a simple thing had the ability to give me such comfort. And it does. It is a tangible piece of him, one that can go with me everywhere and I can touch and feel and hold when he's not around to touch and feel and hold. I think it was a wonderful thing for him to give to me.

On the bright side (and also the stressful side)- this time next week I will officially be done with my first semester of grad school! eek!

No comments: