Friday, September 26, 2008

Thank you

Thanks to the commenters (why is spell check saying that's wrong?) on the post from the other day. Cookie, Loquita and Rebecca- you guys are awesome and I'm so appreciative.

You're right. They're bad news bears and I don't need them. I'm not sure of the exact course of action I'll take in the long term. But it's not going to be all-inclusive, if you know what I mean.

In the meantime, I need a sign to hang over my desk at work that says "If you come into my library to ask me a question and don't care enough about your question to ENUNCIATE it, I am unable to assist you. Come back when I have bionic ears. Thank you and have a nice day." Do you think my boss would mind?

(The southern drawl/mumble combination is incomprehensible to my west-coast-hippy ears. I can't help it, I haven't got a clue what they're saying to me)

Oh, and I'm done with the first set of diamondy-pattern on my Juno. I'm at the middle part of repetition. At least some progress is being made!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ha! Maybe I can come translate those southern drawls for you. I'm the same way (except not with Southern drawls) I go up north and I can't understand anyone because they talk so fast. And they are very loud. My mom's family is from upstate New York, and all talk so fast and loud!

Bette said...

Chances are you'll get used to the drawl and even understand it -- I eventually did, and now I really miss it. "Y'all" is such a handy word!