Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dang, I forgot about that part

I was thinking yesterday about how much easier this good-bye was than any of our others had been. I know that it's because I feel so much better about being here, and I'm so excited about our new home and everything along those lines, it just felt easier. Although, thinking about it now, it could just be the contrast and relief knowing that it's not a deployment still. It's strange how much you gear yourself up for something like that, and how hard it is to get out of that mode.

Also it's easier because I'm living with his stuff. Well, most of it.

But the part I forgot about... His truck. It's one thing to have his stuff here and not him here- we had two 24 hour shifts, I was okay with those. For those 18 days it wasn't uncommon for me to be here with his stuff and him to be somewhere else.

When I left for work this morning, I saw his truck sitting there all lonely and it hit me that he was really gone.

I'm not complaining- I had 18 days, and he's not deployed so I am absolutely not complaining. It's just funny how some things trigger the sad feelings and others don't. Eating dinner by myself is no big deal, heck even going to sleep by myself isn't that big of a deal- but leaving for work and leaving his truck there... that sucked a little.

... But then I remembered that we had 18 days, and he's not deployed and I was fine again!

No comments: