Thursday, July 3, 2008

Updates

All right, so it didn't end up mattering which job I wanted (although I decided, for many different reasons that I wanted the state job) because I didn't get the other job.

So it ended up being a moot point and I ended up getting what I wanted anyways. How often does that happen?

Apparently more often than I thought... I hate to make this a cliffhanger, but I don't want to jinx this other good thing by writing about it until it happens. In about two days, so you won't have too long to wait.

Okay. So how about instead... I promised I would write about how Ranger Man got his name.

I guess part of it is kind of obvious- I mean... he's a RANGER... and he's a very elitist Ranger, and we met just before he left for Ranger School, so it was kind of a given. But at first, he wasn't Ranger Man, he was Ranger Boy.

This was to distinguish him from Fire Boy (now known as the Stupid Firefighter), Fly Boy (airforce also known as Preacher Boy), Beamer Boy (cause he drove a BMW and I thought for sure that meant he would be employed. I was wrong), Tesoro Boy (who is actually A, my good friend), and Hot Tub Guy (don't ask... no- I never got in the hot tub, I had heard too many stories).

Um yeah. When I first met Ranger Man I was really not in a serious dating mode, and the best way that I know to deal with that (or maybe just the most fun) is to date bunches of guys at once. This totally sucked for Ranger Man when he went away to Ranger School, but we're both over that.

So Ranger Boy was the name given to him to distinguish him from the others (because names are just so hard to keep track of!)

But then, I finally pulled my head out of my you-know-what, and realized that I only dated hot tub guy at all because he had Ranger Tabs and My Ranger was the one that I really wanted... and of course then he got deployed. Yes, this is a trend for us.

This is where we get to the part where I am sworn to secrecy and can't reveal all the details.

Suffice it to say that my Big Bad Ranger Man (insert roars and grrs and gnashing of teeth) experienced an injury from a normal household object that shouldn't have gotten the best of him. So to this day I tease him about how the Big Bad Ranger Man was bested by ... normal household good that I am sworn to secrecy about. Obviously he wasn't maimed or anything- then it wouldn't be funny. But the fact that it bled enough for him to have to bandage it... that deserves Big Bad Ranger Man teasing, and for simplicity's sake, these days I shorten it to Just Ranger Man.

It's not a terribly long story, or Probably even that original, but there is a reason for his name, other than the obvious "job title + gender."

No comments: