Friday, July 11, 2008

The things I am learning...

We're in a weird situation. It's kind of like a reintegration because we've not seen each other for three months, and it's been about a year since we have been able to see each other on a regular basis. But regular for us then was spending the weekends together, so truly this is a brand new experience and I don't know about Ranger Man, but I am learning a ton.

Learned Lesson Number 1. I knew this already, but I didn't know the extent- I would make a horrible housewife. I think this might have something to do with the not having a car thing, and feeling so helpless having to wait for him for everything, but I do not like the fact that he gets to go out and 'do stuff' every day and I can't. It's not that I think there's anything wrong with housewives- goodness knows I'm sure I'd get more knitting done and my thesis would be completed faster, but I am not thriving on the stuck at home thing. But again, it would probably be better if I had a car and had at least that bit of independence.

Learning Lesson Number 2. Neither one of us is used to sharing a bed. My crazy insomniac self is having issues with his I-could-sleep-through-anything-and-I-want-the-whole-bed self. I don't know how he manages to take up the whole bed, but he does, without fail. Knowing that he's there though, and it's hard to miss him when I have two inches of bed left, is so great. It's relaxing and makes me feel more confident and secure. It's not a bad learning curve therefore... definitely enjoyable...

I'm sure there will be more we will be learning...

No comments: