Sunday, February 15, 2009

Socks, Suds and Decisions

IMG_0197

Yay, socks!

I love this colorway. The pattern is Simple Socks in Three Sizes by Cat Bordhi. The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome in the Caribou Creek Colorway. I wasn't super crazy about it in the hank, but when I put it on the swift, even Ranger Man (obviously I wound it quite a while ago) noted "wow, that's really pretty!" I was captivated by the colors. It's mostly the mauvey colors, but it's also got pinker sections, blues and greens.

On an unrelated note, I got an answer to one of the deployment questions that has been bothering me:

Yes, I can hear my cell phone ring while I'm in the shower. I had a lovely conversation with Ranger Man yesterday with full-on suds. Webster was looking at me like I was completely nuts as I had a the shampoo lather still in my hair and I was standing in the shower with the door wide open, taking on the phone.

I'm contemplating applying for a different job. At the same school, but not in the library. A position just opened up- it's the on-post coordinator and heres the important part: It's part time. I'd have a chance to actually finish my thesis- so I can teach, which is what I really want to do. So I'm spending the weekend deciding if I want to apply for this other job (I do), and if/how this could adversely affect my current position if I don't get the new one. hm. One more day of weekend before I have to make any concrete "to apply or not to apply" decisions.

More knitting pictures tomorrow

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I really like those socks!

loqi said...

I assume you decided to apply since your most recent post talks about resumes and cover letters?