Saturday, February 9, 2008

Fool's Gold

There is a reason that I usually listen to Ranger Man... He is usually right. At first it was a little unnerving that he had a tendency to know me better than I did, but now I just take it at face value and listen to what he says and follow his advice. He hasn't steered me wrong yet. (And btw, this works the other way around too- it's not one-sided)

So last night, PLU friend and I went to the movies. We had set out to see that Katherine Heigel (sp?) movie about the weddings or whatever... thats what I wasn't so stoked about. However, one perpetually tardy bus system later and we ended up seeing the movie "Fool's Gold" with Matthew McConaghy (I am so bad with spelling names, I am so sorry!) and Kate Hudson (finally, one I can spell!). It was actually really good. I had a great time. The two best parts about the movie:
1. There was a lot of Scuba Diving in it. Ranger Man is a diver and he has been trying to get me to do if for well, as long as we've known each other. I'm not much of a water person, so I've been resisting... but this movie totally made it look appealing as a couple's bonding type of experience (well, minus the treasure hunting, of course...) and I told him last night that I am completely on board with the idea of me learning to do it with him. Cool.
2. For a girl that lives on an Island without my man... this movie was just enough to a. temporarily satiate my need for muscle-y men while b. still not being quite enough to fully quench it... I am a big shoulder muscle kind of girl and there were lot of big shoulder muscle, but there were no Ranger Man-ish 6 pack abs... darn it all, I need to get off this Island!

Oh wait, and the best part of all??
There were two main female characters in the movie: a blonde and a brunette. And the smart one was the blonde girl! yay!

It was a good night- that is why I listen to Ranger Man...

No comments: