Friday, February 29, 2008

Me 'n' Jose.

So Ranger Man's graduation was yesterday, and now he's got to drive from Super Secret Army School back to Ft Lewis.

His parents just happen to be vacationing in Aspen, which happens to be on his way.

Oh, did I mention his mom didn't just move out of the house after being married for thirty years?

Apparently, this was my final straw. I bought some tequila today, and after I finish reading and outlining one more chapter on US/Cuba/Africa relations I am having margaritas and watching 'Guys and Dolls' and maybe 'A Knight's Tale.' And knitting. Which may be a bad combination (The tequila and the knitting), but I'm working on my fourth try for these socks having just ripped out almost an entire sock, so I figure I can't do much worse than I've already done. It's just me and Jose tonight.

Oh, and as something to throw out to the universe: If you happen to be in a position where you regularly sell alcohol to people, including people who after the month they've had may have red and puffy eyes for the rest of their life due to reasons you know nothing about, you should not pass judgment on these people who come into your store and buy nothing but one small bottle of Jose. Just sayin. No, I do not want 'a soda or something' I just want the tequila. I have 'something' to mix it with at home, not that it is any of your business anyways.

Side note: The book is actually pretty good- interesting anyways (although I'm really only on the second chapter), but it provides a different insight. It's called Conflicting Missions: Havana, Washington and Africa, 1959-1976 by Piero Gleijeses. It's a school book, and Cuba really isn't my particular area of interest, but it does seem particularly relevant these days even knowing that it's not my deal.

No comments: