Friday, February 1, 2008

Two Good Things

When I was in Middle School, some days I used to catch a ride home with one of my (at the time) best friends. Upon picking us up, her mom would expect us to come up with two good things that happened to us during the day. It's a good trick for staying positive. So here are my two things for yesterday:

To put this into context... I still haven't unpacked. There are boxes and luggage all over this teeny tiny little room. It's kind of like a maze, but mostly I just don't want to be living on this Island and if I don't unpack, then maybe I don't actually live here.
But my printer ran out of black ink yesterday. I knew that I not only had a replacement ink cartridge, but that I had seen that cartridge since moving, so I knew that it had to be somewhere kind of handy as I was looking I made two great discoveries (and the ink was actually in the box underneath my desk- nearest to the printer. who woulda thunk?)

1. I realized that my old laptop-mouse that I had with my Dell laptop which bit the dust shortly before coming here was actually here with me. I'm not sure why I hadn't thought to plug it into my new laptop before- probably because I assumed the Microsoft mouse wouldn't be compatible because the other peripheral I had, the Dell printer sure didn't work with my iBook. Anyway, I thought, "what the hey" and I plugged it in. Lo and Behold, I know have the scrolly-ball thingy again. yay! and my carpal-tunnel afflicted wrist can be just a touch happier.

2. My second discovery is kind of a girly one, two Christmases ago (which might make this a little gross), my Grandma gave me a Burt's Bees Head to Toe Starter Kit. It had the little sample sizes of a bunch of lotions and salves and stuff like that. well I took the stuff out that I was using right away, but about half of it I left in the little bag and I found the other half of my yummy lotions yesterday.

So those are my two good things for yesterday. What are yours?

No comments: