Tuesday, August 19, 2008

He must really miss me!

I don't know if it's merely a guy thing, a soldier thing, a specOps thing or something all his own, but Ranger Man is SPECTACULAR at compartmentalizing. He's seriously a compartmentalization genius I think. Work is work and home is home and there is very little overlap (well, except when he talks to me a bit too much like he talks to the boys...), but when he leaves for work in the morning, I know that I am not going to hear back from him until he walks in the door at night. That's just the way it is. And I don't know when it is that he's going to get off work usually, so I get to guess. He doesn't see anything wrong with it, because in his mind, he's still at work. Once he gets home, he's all us and it's lovely so it's not usually a big deal.

Today though, he called me during his lunch break. What a guy. "Hi. It's me. I just want to tell you I love you. I have to go back to work now."

He must really miss me. (Is it bad that makes me really happy?)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

No, it is definately not bad that it makes you happy! My boyfriend is very loving, too, but he rarely tells me or even acts like he misses me. So I'm always ecstatic when he calls me at a random time because that shows me that he really does miss me! I get really excited when he does that. It just makes me feel so loved and cared about!

loqi said...

You're feeling happy because you're feeling loved - so no, not bad at all, in my opinion.

The mid-day phone calls or texts while at work always pumped me up a bit too. LT's not really "working" right now, but I'm still tickled to death that he's been randomly texting me during the day.

Lindsay Gray said...

It's funny how it really is the little things that sometimes mean the most.