Tuesday, August 12, 2008

In Need of a Duck Behavioralist.

I am not making this up.

In our apartment place, there are a few mini-lakes scattered around the place, and accordingly there are ducks. There are quite a few ducks actually.

Every night, about the time I am coming home from work there is a very strange duck phenomenon that occurs.

These ducks- about 30 or so all get together and march themselves down the sidewalk. I am not kidding. It is a massive duck migration. All other times of the day you can see normal numbers of ducks- small duck families and the like. But right around get off work time, all of these ducks get together and march themselves down the sidewalk and apparently, they all launch themselves into the lake at the same time.

100_0317

See the duck parade? You can see them all lined up, converging at the launch point.

And then, at one point, I'm taking pictures of them and all of a sudden the thirty ducks turn on me!

100_0315

I was nervous. That's a lot of ducks to make mad.

I had to share my ducks.

Why do they do that, all at one time, all at the same time every day? I need someone who specializes in duck behavior to answer my burning questions. This can't be normal, right?

No comments: